By G. Hussein Rassool
Preface half 1: evaluation of Substance Misuse & coverage tasks 1. advent to Substance Use & Misuse 2. Self-Awareness and perspective three. ancient evaluate four. Theories of habit five. Nature of habit 6. coverage projects & process in Alcohol and Drug half 2: Psychoactive elements 7. Alcohol eight. Opiates nine. hashish 10. Stimulants: Amphetamines, Cocaine & Khat eleven. Hallucinogens 12. Anabolic Steroids, Amyl and Butyl Nitrite, Hypno-Sedatives, risky components, Over-The-Counter-Drugs, shrewdpermanent & Eco medicines thirteen. Nicotine dependancy half three: unique concerns & Populations 14. Blood-Borne Infections 15. Alcohol and Drug Use in girls sixteen. Psychiatric problems & Substance Misuse (Dual prognosis) 17. Alcohol and Drug Misuse in Black and Ethnic Minority groups 18. susceptible humans: aged & Homelessness 19. youngsters: Alcohol and Drug Misuse half four: function, Prevention & recommendations for switch 20. widespread function in accordance with Alcohol & Drug Misuse 21. Prevention & wellbeing and fitness schooling techniques to Substance Misuse 22. concepts in assisting humans to alter 23. operating with range: Cultural Competence half five: Care making plans & Intervention suggestions 24. Framework for evaluate & Screening 25. Care making plans, Implementation & overview 26. Psychosocial & Pharmacological Interventions 27. damage relief strategy 28. Intoxication & Overdose: future health Interventions 29. Drug Misuse: Pharmacological & Psychosocial Interventions 30. Alcohol Misuse: Pharmacological & Psychosocial Interventions 31. Smoking Cessation: healthiness Interventions.Chapter 32: Competence & expert improvement
Read or Download Alcohol and Drug Misuse: A Handbook for Students and Health Professionals PDF
Best nursing books
Quick A-to-Z entry to present, exact Drug Information!
The 2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug advisor, the excellent nursing drug source for nurses and nursing scholars, is now up-to-date with greater than 1,200 additions and adjustments to supply the main actual drug details available.
This accomplished drug advisor accommodates the nursing method to supply broad medicine info, with entire monographs on seven-hundred universal drugs—including 15 new drugs—and appendices that summarize key info on 2 hundred much less regular medicinal drugs. geared up alphabetically via favourite drug identify, this drug source offers speedy entry to the data had to hinder drug mistakes and administer medicinal drugs properly and accurately.
The 2012 Lippincott's Nursing Drug advisor deals:
* greater than 1,200 new additions, alterations, and updates on symptoms, dosages, and management
* NEW signals to MRSA-risk antibiotics
* NEW “Tall Man” lettering to avoid confusion of equally named medicinal drugs
* NEW appendix of drug-related web content, together with the meals and Drug management (FDA) and facilities for ailment regulate (CDC) websites
* entire monographs containing primary and alternate names, pronunciations, being pregnant hazard classification, managed substance agenda, drug sessions, healing activities, symptoms, contraindications and cautions, to be had types, dosages, pharmacokinetics, IV proof, adversarial results, interactions, and nursing considerations—including evaluate, interventions, educating issues
* A picture "alert" image for medicines that can not be beaten, reduce, or chewed
* A 32-page full-color picture advisor to tablets and drugs
* Icons selecting risky medications and new symptoms
* Interactions by way of drug-drug, drug-food, drug-lab assessments, and drug-alternative treatment
* An appendix for most sensible practices on disposal of medicines
* An appendix of sufferer educating to avoid medicine mistakes
* An appendix with mini-monographs on over two hundred much less general medications
On the better half website—NEW drug info and resources!
* NCLEX-style evaluation questions
* Patient-teaching aids and different sufferer protection assets
* guidance for unique populations
* Reference instruments
This publication is an important new contribution to regulatory idea from 3 individuals of the world-class regulatory study workforce established in Australia. It marks an immense new improvement in responsive regulatory conception within which a strengths-based pyramid enhances the regulatory pyramid. The authors examine the accomplishments of nursing domestic legislation within the US, the united kingdom and Australia over the past two decades and in an extended old viewpoint.
There's a cause Saunders accomplished overview for the NCLEX-RN® exam has been known as "the most sensible NCLEX examination assessment publication ever. " you can find every little thing you want to assessment for the NCLEX examination below one hide - entire content material assessment and over 4,500 NCLEX examination-style questions within the publication and at the loose better half CD!
This helpful source for training nurses and nursing scholars offers a hugely visible method of getting to know vital medical options and strategies. utilizing illustrations and pictures, wave varieties, diagrams, and extra artistic visible studying how to reveal hands-on remedies and clarify illness pathophysiology.
- Bipolar Disorders
- BarCharts QuickStudy Nursing Care Procedures
- Acute Medicine A Handbook for Nurse Practitioners
- Handbook of Drugs in Intensive Care. An A Z Guide
- Fundamentals of nursing
Additional resources for Alcohol and Drug Misuse: A Handbook for Students and Health Professionals
There is also evidence to suggest that substance misusers are reluctant to utilise health services for drug-related or other health problems because of the negative attitudes and behaviours of staff. (McLaughlin et al. 2000). Complete the Rassool Attitude Towards Substance Misusers Questionnaire (© G. Hussein Rassool 2004. 2. Reflect on your attitudes towards alcohol and drug misusers. Write in your reflective journal about your own substance use and your attitude towards substance misusers. 2 Rassool Attitude Towards Substance Misusers Questionnaire (RATSMQ-10) The following statements reflect several different opinions, beliefs and viewpoints about substance use and misuse.
And Blakemore, C. (2007) Development of a rational scale to assess the harm of drugs of potential misuse. The Lancet, 369, 9566: 1047–53. , Shoobridge, J. M. (2004) From Training to Work Practice Change: An Examination of Factors Influencing Training Transfer in the Alcohol and Other Drugs Field. Adelaide: National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction, Flinders University. Rassool, G. Hussein (1998) Contemporary issues in addiction nursing. In G. ) Substance Use and Misuse: Nature, Context and Clinical Interventions.
St Louis, Missouri: MosbyYear Book, Inc. unodc. html (accessed 15 March 2007). Whitaker, B. (1987) The Global Connection: The Crisis of Drug Addiction. London: Jonathan Cape. WHO (1981) Nomenclature and classification of drug- and alcohol-related problems: A WHO Memorandum. Bulletin of the World Health Organization, 59: 225–42. WHO (1992) International Classification of Diseases: The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders (ICD-10). Geneva: World Health Organization. 12 OVERVIEW WHO (1994) Lexicon of Alcohol and Drug Terms.
Alcohol and Drug Misuse: A Handbook for Students and Health Professionals by G. Hussein Rassool